CV on a page ....

 

In summary ...

For 20 years I have been authoritative for security and privacy architecture and security Governance Risk migation and Compliance (GRC) in organizations at multiple corporate levels. I manage system risk and remediation using ISO27005 and ISF IRAM and other methods to within risk appetite. I have worked on the CNI & in banking. 

Here are verifications of my certifications and what they are.

  • 1993 Where it all started : network support

In 1993 I needed a job so I wrote a 1 page CV and registered with Blue Arrow and Manpower. I ran AppleTalk networks over IP for BT Research Adastral Park near lpswich 

  • 1994 Netware Administrator

I became Netware administrator working for an SME and Utility provider then back to BT Research as a support engineer fixing other lans across the campus while they moved to Netware. 

  • 1998 Checkpoint Firewall Security obtained  CCSE

I took an interest in Checkpoint firewall security getting CCSE engineer certification leading to firewall admin for NTL/Virgin  

  • 1999 HP Global network  support and obtained CISCO CCNA

Several pieces of work in general support lead to CISCO network su okpport for HP network based in Munich, gaining CISCO CCNA certification while in Munich. 

  • 2000 Microsoft MCSE engineer certification 

I designed a Microsoft Active Directory  network for a Cap Gemini client 

  • 2001 BT Security Design Manager CCNA CCSE MCSE

Holding CISCO CCNA and Checkpoint CCSE and Microsoft MSCE  I worked as BT Security design manager with a line of report to the BT Security Officer. 

  • 2001 A Lull in Contracts

In 2001 after 9/11  there was a lull in contracting resulting in several short term router and Firewall installation projects. 

  • 2003 CISSP and GEC Security Gateways Design and Build

I obtained CISSP (global security certificate) in 2003 and worked for  GEC to design and implement a proof of concept secure network to connect the Israeli Checkpoint corporate hub firewall to Arab countries using open source IPSEC satellite firewall gateways. 

  • 2003 MOD / GSI / Internet / Security Gateway System Security Officer (SC cleared)

I presented the sanitised design of the project above  to BT and became System Security Officer for the MOD GSI Internet security gateway. 

  • 2005 GCHQ / CLAS accreditation

While working on this I obtained GCHQ/CLAS (CESG Listed Adviser Scheme)  certification for public sector security consultancy. 

  • 2005 CEH and Central Government

1n 2005 I obtained CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) and was contracted for the outsourcing of the network and desktop estate for Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government. 

  • 2007 Security Accreditor

I then became their security accreditor  during the vendor acceptance and implentation of the outsourced Desktop and Network. 

  • 2007 Mitigation of Optical Fibre interception risk

I showed the department how to minimise risk of interception on the dual datacentre replication network.

  • 2007 Covert Optical fibre interception presentation : Proxy Accreditor (DV cleared)

2007 I  showed an agency how to hack an optical fibre network covertly which resulted in a long term contract for securing a multi=agency network as their security point of contact  . 

  • 2010 Security Consultancy

This was followed by various projects in the UK Home Office until 2013 when my wife retired and I  combined security work for agencies and an oil company with extensive travel as well as further work for the Home Office . 

  • 2017 UK Borders then ISC2 CCSP  added

In 2017 ISC2 CCSP (Cloud Security) certification was added . 

  • 2017 Cabinet Office Government Digital Service (GDS) including GOV.UK security manager

In 2017 I worked as security consultant for Cabinet Office Government Digital Service (GDS) acting as consultant for them and to other departments and held the role of Security Manager for the GOV.UK domain. 

  • 2018 GDS consultancy with GDS

In 2018 I assisted with GDS's move to GDPR compliant privacy 

  • 2019 CIPP/E CIPM added

 2019 obtained  CIPP/E (Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe )( Global GDPR specialist) and CIPM (Certified Information Privacy Manager)(follow this link for verification of all certifications). 

  • 2020 Pandemic and Bank work

Pandemic meant lots of solo sailing (Lasers) and then working remotely as consultant for a bank until 2024. 

  • 2026 New work availablity

In 2025 I buried my partner of 52 years and am now available again for consultancy work, contract or permanent.


Full CV available here


Popular posts from this blog

Certification verifications